The mission of Breakthrough Manchester is to launch promising Manchester middle school students, particularly those with limited opportunities, on their path to college while inspiring high school and college students to pursue careers in education.
We do this by:
- Recruiting and selectively admitting high-potential sixth graders with limited opportunities from Manchester middle schools for a tuition-free, three-year program hosted on The Derryfield School campus
- Providing three rigorous, joyful academic summers and school year supports to admitted students
- Recruiting, training, mentoring, and inspiring college students, and some local high-achieving high school students, as excellent teachers to teach through the lens of social justice
- Connecting ninth graders with the Breakthrough College-Bound program at Southern NH University to create a seamless pipeline of opportunity through high school and college entry
- Providing ongoing professional development to help close the opportunity gap by focusing on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all subject areas
All Breakthrough programming, including transportation and meals, is provided tuition-free to students and families, and is funded by foundations, businesses, and individuals who believe in our mission.